Sunday 8 November 2015

Decorative ornaments meets challenges x 3 - for glitter, sparkle and silver.. !

 hi all

well I think I have certainly got into the 'C' groove with my cards now - and the stack is coming along quite nicely - my plan was to use all my associated 'C' word papers, stamps, cardstock and inks and set to.

but am guessing  like a lot of you - I would never get to use it all  up, 'never in a month of Sundays' as the saying goes.. 'but am doing my best to diminish the stash pile' as I keep telling himself.  Somehow though, the look on his face makes me think he is somewhat sceptical - but we will see...

and today's card really does pay homage to the fabulously detailed Decorative ornaments die-cuts and the lovely item that is Stampin' Up! Glimmer Paper.  Top notch Glitter effect without it going everywhere it shouldn't..! 

and as this week's quest over at The Glory of Christmas Challenge #71 charges us to use Glitter and/or shine (add glitter or rhinestones, etc) ,  Wednesday's Creative Challenge #334 asked for 'Sparkle' and Inkspirational Challenges #95  want Anything goes with silver ....

well I couldn't resist having a go and hopefully this maybe satisfies on all 3 counts as this is what I ended up with after all my endeavours.

Still on my Pool Party colourway theme (determined to make geat inwards into my pack of cardstock here!) so we have another one.

Cosy Chistmas

Pool party base with a Whisper white topper - glimmer card die-cut ornament (Delicate Ornaments) . As this is such a detailed die, I used Stampin' Up's new Fine Tip glue pen to add it to the card - its delivers such a fine bead of glue - so absolutely no worries  as to getting your glue other than where you put it ! It's a brilliant,  must have,  in my book .

The bow and stars are courtesy of a couple of the accessory pieces from the Mini-Treat bag Thinlets set. A strip of toning seam binding, and stamped sentiment from Cosy Christmas to finish.

And inside...


more Pool Party stampin' - the holly swag from the matching Embellished Ornaments stamp set  (currently one of the fabulous weekly special deals,  as I write)

though thinking about it it always a special offer to consider are Stampin' Up's money saving bundles - where you can buy both the stamp set and matching Thinlet dies as with this set I am using here.

and the little glimmer accents were just waste pieces created whilst punching away..

A really lovely effect card and so easily put together with Stampin' Up supplies that all co-ordnate and as they take the guesswork out of things  - you don't have to!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store 


Or please just contact me if you have any questions or to place an order for you, if you would prefer.

Well,  off to pack the car with parents/in-laws shortly - as mentioned previously - going to watch my first ever G&S operetta, Iolanthe.

til next time - happy stamping all and as today is the day it is-  for everyone affected by conflict... then, now and to come

We will remember them...

Rememberance Sunday

Jan x

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing in our sparkle challenge at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so very remiss of me, Natalie, not to say thank you so much for visiting me here. leaving such a nice comment and starting off this delightful chain ... have already proudly added your badge to my blog...can you guess am so so pleased. Jan x

      Delete
  2. So elegant with all that glitter! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nonni - thank you so so much for stopping by and taking the time to commet. I really appreciate it.. with veyr best wishes - Jan x

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous with the silver glitter ornament :)
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our "Anything Goes with Silver" challenge. Hope to see you again :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pia - thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a nice comment and for 'inviting me back'.. i really appreciate it and it was lovely to be able to enter the challenge. Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...