Friday 6 November 2015

Stamped and cut window greeting meets House of Cards and Vintage Stamping challenges....

hello all and happy Friday.

Uhm  today found me puzzling over what to do for a 'nice and easy'  Christmas card. ..
and, as is often the way with these things,  what you start out wanting to do, ideas and all - usually morphs into something entirely different by the time you have finished - and such was the story here.

...so rather than the one layer card I thought I had in mind - which is still buried in there somewhere I think .. I not only ended up with a raised layer card - what would we do without Stampin' Up's Dimensionals!  - but it had punched/cut-out windows as well, inspired by the November challenge over at House of Cards.

There is a brilliant video tutorial from Mynn, one of the lovely Design team,  to get you started and some lovely samples to inspire us all.

I came across this via a visit to the lovely Em Louise Fairley - aka 'Creative-Em'! a  member of their Group 2 Design Team. For those of you who prefer written instructions, she has some on her blog.

Thinking of you at Christmas

So, they want us to use a cut-out window - so I opted to do 3! using them for my baubles as well! 'Stringing'  these from a little stamped swag of Holly - from the embellished Ornaments stamp set - which I stamped in Mossy meadow but then coloured the berries in Real Red, easily accomplished courtesy of one of my aqua painters.

I die-cut the circles in my card using one of the small size dies in the Circles Framelits set. My insets came from scraps of the lovely music script paper - one of the beautiful designs in the Home for Christmas DSP pack- there really are some absolutely fabulous vintage inspired designs in this set and it is truly is my 'go to pack' of papers -  at the moment. I just love it.!

and with its vintagey feel (is that a real word?) am entering it for their Challenge no. 38#  Traditional Christmas over at 'Vintage Stamping Challenge'. 

Home for Christmas

The frame for the baubles was just a circle of Real red card stock cut with the 1 and 3/4" punch then I used the same die as I did for the baubles just to cut out the rest  to leave me the frame! I mounted this round the cut-outs then added a little hand drawn strings  and some toning ribbon for the bows,

My tiny poinsettias - are just fussy cut using the Petite petals punch and the  'pointsettia' paper - with  and little yellow and festive coloured candy dots and a bit of stamping/sponging to finish!

and the sentiment - another punched window for this as well - using the Decorative Label Punch - I hope you can see the slightly recessed impression this particular technique gives you a little better in this photo.?

Embellished ornaments

well perhaps not quite so 'Nice and easy' as I originally intended - but then 'change does often happen' as am sure someone once said, somewhere!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access them in my on line store 


Or please just contact me if you have any questions or to place an order for you, if you would prefer.

well, Saturday again tomorrow and where these weeks are flying to is quite a mystery! Scary stuff that the 'C' word is literally only 49 sleeps away!

but another first for me this Sunday and something to look forward to - am off to cheer on some work colleagues in a local 'am dram' performance of Gilbert and Sullivan's Iolanthe - a first for watching a G&S operetta, not cheering on my colleagues, you understand!

til next time - happy crafting and will leave you with this thought

''Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep"

Scott Adams - he of the famous 'Dilbert'  and his boardroom antics, incidentally!

Jan x

15 comments:

  1. A glorious Christmas creation Jan and perfect for our seasonal theme, many thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brenda - thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave such a nice comment for me. I just love all things vintage and couldn't resist joining in. thank you again. Jan x

      Delete
  2. Wow, a wonderful card for our technique! I love how those ornaments turned out! Thank you for playing along at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Emily - thank you very much.. I know everyone is so busy so really appreciated the time taken to come and 'visit' and leave a coment. It was a lovley challenge and I enjoyed playing along. vey best wishes Jan x

      Delete
  3. This is just gorgeous! I LOVE the fabulous holly border along the top! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mynn, well thanks should really go to you for showcasing the fab technique and inspiring the rest of us... I just love it and will certianly incorporate it somre more projects. and thanks so much as well for such a nice comment. It was really appreciated. Jan x

      Delete
  4. I love your card, to 'window' the baubles was great but to do the sentiment too was brilliant! Thank you for joining us at HOC, please call again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rocky - thanks you so much - well I felt I was on a little bit of a roll, so carried on.. great technique =- I love it.. and will certainly be making more use of this on my little future projects. many many thanks again #
    jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your wonderful triple window holiday card with us at House of Cards. It's a real work of heart someone is going to love to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly thank you so much Heather - what a lovley lovely thing to say.. and yes it is going to be going to someone special. It really is a fab technique and one I shall certainly be using a lot of -so thank you all for the inspiration!
      Jan x

      Delete
  7. Love your punched out baubles, very clever! Thanks for showing us your lovely card at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Christine - abject apologies for not replying direct to your comment until now so very very remiss of me.
    Thanks so much for taing the time to visit me and leave such a lovely comment - I know all the VSC DT are very very busy so really appreciated you taking the time to comment. thank you again. Jan and just love those abstract art pieces! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Such a classic design perfect for our current challenge! Thank you for joining our November Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza, HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I just used die cuts to create my bauble card for our December challenge so I have pinned this to one of my Pinterest inspiration boards to remind me to keep the waste in future! Love the style, the vintage look and the texture. Thank you so much for entering our November Challenge. I hope we see you again for the December challenge Karen P (DT House of Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Karen thank you so much and glad my little card helped towards possible future inspiration X what a lovely thing to say and thank you so much for visiting X
    Jan X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...