Sunday 28 January 2018

Petal Passion Suite - all you need do is add colour!

Hello All and a Happy Sunday whatever you find yourself up to

and me? Well with Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration promotion in full swing - my card today uses elements from the Petal Passion Suite which in turn earned me one of the lovely free items from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure.

This suite is a great collection of black and white brushstroke style imagery drawn in such a way that you can easily create your own watercolour masterpiece just by adding colour. There is everything in the set from stamps, to designer series papers, metal embellishments and an embossing folder, matching dies and lovely organza ribbon and an add-on Memories and More Card Pack for all you scrapbookers amongst us.

..but its not really just restricted to scapbooking though as I used 2 of the pieces from the pack as the basis for my eventual card. I did have a practice run at colouring first though. There are lots of images in the pack to use and it didn't take long to produce my first attempt.

made for a lovely crafting buddy  - hope this finds her feeling a little better now.

What do you think?


Having finished up with these - it was onto designing a card proper then!

I opted to colour just one of the cards with my Marker pens, the other I slightly cut down, and used as a matt layer.

The sentiment is from the matching stamp set, and I went with Berry Burst, one of this season's In-Colour for a pop of colour for my chosen scheme.

A bit of matching ribbon and some toning enamelled glitter accents and it was done.


You can just see the inside of the card - I just stamped my own background for this on a piece of white card stock, using Basic Black, and choosing the main leaf design from the stamp set, in keeping with the overall feel.


A really easy, but effective card and it certainly appealed to me - as painting of any kind is not what you would call my strong point. - you really don't have to be an expert to produce a lovely end result.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

Just click on the items below to easily access the items in my on line storeOr if you wish me to place an order for you, or have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.


Til next time
Happy Sunday all

Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much, everyone. I so much appreciate them all.
Jan
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...